Student Visa Norway, Students Visa Requirements for Study in Norway: Application Form, Process Procedure for Study in Norway Visa-
All students who plan to stay in Norway for more than three months will need a student residence permit. Visas are only issued for stays up to 90 days (e.g. for certain Summer School programmes).
For application of a residence permit or visa in Norway the student has to submit the following documents:
- An application form for student residence with a passport photograph.
- A copy of passport.
- Documentation of admission to an approved educational institution with the applicant’s name, institution’s name and course and duration of the program.
- The course/programme must be full-time and approved for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund. This also applies for students who have financing from other sources and do not intend to seek support from the Loan Fund.
- A plan of study. This gives details of the study program.
- Documentation of housing.
- Approved documentation includes a lease copy for a house, an apartment or a room issued by a private person or company. Apartments/rooms provided by the institution's own Student Housing organisation must also be documented with a lease copy.
- Documentation of subsistence
(loan from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund or deposits in a Norwegian bank).
Please note that the documentation requirements will vary from country to country and are subject to change. For more information, contact the Norwegian Foreign Service mission closest to you. If you are in Norway, contact the local police or the Directorate of Immigration.
A student residence permit to Norway is granted under the precondition that the student will return to his/her country of legal permanent residence upon completion of the studies.
Upon submitting the application candidates are also required to submit a copy of their passport. Original passports would only be required for authentication. The embassy has the reserve right for asking any other authentication. Incomplete applications would not be accepted .Visa processing takes about three weeks. All regulations consular fees or services are subject to change without any prior notice.