Student Visa Switzerland, Requirements for Study in Switzerland: Application Form, Process Procedure for Study in Switzerland Visa-
Only Americans or foreign residents and foreign students in the United States who have a valid permanent resident card or a valid U.S. visa (e.g. categories F1 (I-20), H1B, G1, J1, etc.) may apply for a visa. The following are the requirements for a student visa:
1. Three national (type D) visa application forms, fully completed and signed by the applicant.Applications which are not duly completed, dated and signed will not be accepted.
2. Four recent passport photos.
3. Two copies of valid passport or travel document(with a validity as prescribed for study)
4. If applicable, original and copy of proof of residency in country is required, e.g. a valid permanent resident card of respective home country etc. Notarized copy if applying by mail.
5. Two copies of confirmation/registration letter from the school, university, etc. in Switzerland
6. Two copies of confirmation of payment of school tuition fees
7. A statement containing exact details of income and assets, with official proof and/or bank statements (2 copies each)
8. Two copies of previous diplomas and school certificates
9. Two copies of a written confirmation that the applicant will leave Switzerland after he/she completes the chosen course study
10. Two copies of a resume (biographical data, schools attended, etc.)
11. Two copies of a brief essay on the applicant's future plans
12. Visa fee & additional postage fee.
This request will be forwarded for a decision to the competent cantonal foreign police where the candidate intend to study and the representation will only be able to issue your visa upon receipt of the authorization. The procedure takes at least 8-10 weeks. Once the authorization has been given, the following documents will have to be sent to the competent Swiss representation in order to obtain the visa:
1. Original passport or travel document
2. If applying by mail: one prepaid, self-addressed return envelope with a tracking number
Upon submitting the application candidates are also required to submit a copy of their passport. Original passports would only be required for authentication. The embassy has the reserve right for asking any other authentication. Incomplete applications would not be accepted .Visa processing takes about three weeks. All regulations consular fees or services are subject to change without any prior notice.