Admission Requirements for Study in Belgium, Belgium Universities, Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Procedure for Study in Belgium-
Following is the eligibility criteria for Study in Belgium for MBA, engineering bachelors, masters and phd programs for getting admission into belgium universities:
To be admitted into any course candidates need to have a Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic degree of minimum three years of undergraduate study corresponding to 180 ECTS. Students in their final year of their Bachelor degree may be admitted in the Master programme on the condition that their Bachelor degree is awarded before they enroll for the programme. All candidates also need to have followed courses in mathematics, statistics and economics as well as agricultural, food and environmental sciences(whatever field of study they have chosen) at least at a basic level.Candidates must agree to complete the academic curriculum in two consecutive academic years and to the terms in the study contract as specified by the AFEPA consortium.
Candidates from English speaking countries must provide an official letter from their university from which they have graduated attesting that English is the medium of instruction. All other candidates need to provide evidence that they master English at a level corresponding to a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper version), 213 (computer version) or 79 (internet version) or a minimum overall band IELTS score of 6 or with a signal deemed equivalent by the AFEPA consortium. Candidates who choose to study at UCL and UPC also need to prove that their command of French and Spanish, respectively, is sufficient for them to participate in courses at these two institutions. If French and Spanish are neither their mother tongue nor the language of their past study, it is advised that these candidates obtain the B1 threshold level of the Common European Framework of Reference, i.e., they can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. For French, it corresponds to the DELF B level.
The following are required to start the procedure for admission and should be sent to the Student administration office .Applicants whose application is judged favorably will receive a letter of acceptance in duplicate by registered mail. This letter of acceptance is required to complete the registration process.
1.A completed application form.
2.A copy of passport or identity card
3.A typewritten CV containing among others details of previous studies and/or professional activities (this CV must be written in Dutch, French, English or German).
4.A legalized copy of the diploma, certificate or other official statement that gives access to the chosen program.
If this diploma or certificate has been issued in another language than Dutch, French, English or German, it must be accompanied by a translation in one of these four languages.
5.To obtain exemptions for courses in study program or to obtain permission to register for a master/advanced master program with a foreign bachelor/master diploma, the following documents are necessary:
- Academic certificates or transcripts of the diploma's concerned, showing information about all courses, the study load for each course,
- The examination results for each course
- The title of the dissertation (if applicable)
- The final evaluation
- A description of all courses in Dutch, French, English or German The description of the courses is not the same as academic transcript. The description should be a small summary of each course listed on the candidate’s academic transcript. The application will not be processed without this required document.
- A copy of the dissertation (if applicable). If the dissertation is not written in Dutch, French, English or German you can add a summary of the dissertation in one of these four languages (must not be translated by a sworn translator)
- Applicants that are enrolled in the final year of their academic bachelor or master’s program should submit an official letter in English from their university confirming that the student is expected to finalize his/her course at the end of the current academic year, and submit up-to-date authenticated transcripts with the results of the previous years
- Only for medical studies: a copy of the certificate of passing the entrance examination medical doctor/dentist
For obtaining a shortening of duration of study based upon a diploma of medical doctor obtained outside Belgium you need to add the certificate of passing the ‘Interuniversity entrance examination for medicine - partial equivalence’.