The University of Alberta's rankings feature in the top 100 universities in the world by the Times Higher Education Supplement and 55th in Newsweek’s Top 100 Global Universities.
There are currently 37,000 students attending U of A, including 2,500 international students from 133 countries.
The U of A offers:
- More than 200 undergraduate programs and 170 graduate programs in 18 faculties
- A great location in Alberta, Canada's oil province, where you will find a thriving economy and the country's highest employment rate
- Opportunities to work while you study, including the Off Campus Work Permit Program, the School of Business Co-op Program, and the Faculty of Engineering Co-op Program
- The National Institute for Nanotechnology, which is the premier institute for nanotech research in Canada and one of only 7 such facilities in the world
- Research excellence, with more than $480 million in research funding
- Over $24 million in undergraduate scholarships, including region/country-specific scholarships
- The International Centre, which provides academic and social support for international students
- University athletics, with the nationally recognized The Golden Bears (men's) and the Pandas (women's) varsity teams
- On-campus residence for international students guaranteed when applying for housing before April 30.
The University of Alberta is in the central area of Edmonton, Alberta, with a major bus and subway station on the main campus.
Edmonton offers a high standard of living and is clean, safe, and modern. The city is busy and exciting, with many restaurants, shops, museums, theatres, world-class sporting events, and festivals. Edmonton is also the perfect place to enjoy the great Canadian outdoors, with the River Valley stretching through the heart of the city and the Rocky Mountains only four hours away
The University of Alberta is a leader in innovation and discovery. They are home to great students, great faculty, great programs, and a great student life. Many of the best and brightest minds of the world are a part of the University of Alberta and its 100 years of history.They have 37,000 students studying at the undergraduate and graduate levels. There are more than 3,500 international students in Edmonton to study at the U of A.
The University of Alberta is one of Canada's leading research and teaching institutions, with more than $490 million in external research funding.
Their programs are reviewed and ranked among the finest in the country and they offer many unique programs that one will not find at other Canadian universities. They offer 200 undergraduate and 170 graduate programs in 18 faculties.
They offer a high quality, safe, and fun student life with all of the resources and services that you need to succeed. U of A is home to five great campuses, with the main campus located conveniently in the centre of the city and on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
The University offers some of Canada's top academic programs with a great campus life in a major city with many attractions.