Bodø University College (BUC) is a place for learning, experience and research for approximately 500 staff and 5000 students. With learning facilities across Nordland County, BUC is an important institution of teaching and research in the region. In Bodø, BUC has centralised all its activity in Mørkved, approximately 8 kilometres east of Bodø's city centre. The campus was established in 1985, and has since then been expanded as HBO has grown. The last part of the construction was finished in 2005, and includes a new and modern library as well as a new entrance area. BUC also has one campus in Mo i Rana and one campus in Stokmarknes.
University of Nordland
BUC is one of a few university colleges in Norway aspiring for the status of university in the near future. This requires highly qualified academic staff. Our main task in this process is to evolve BUC into a strong centre for higher education and research, both nationally and regionally. BUC also aims to contribute to rising the low level of education in the region.
What does Bodø University College offer?
* An inspiring, high-quality learning environment in modern and well equipped facilities.
* A university college large enough to provide room for diversity, but remain clearcut - all in one place.
* An international community with study abroad possibilities. Every year, more students take advantage of the possibility of studying or training abroad.
* Active students, student organisations, a separate student house run by students, well developed welcoming and introductory services for new students.
* Proximity to Bodø city centre with good communication and public transport, shopping possibilites and more than 500 clubs which offer diverse leisure activities. In addition, you get an awe-inspiring natural experience.
* Sports centres, sports fields, swimming pool, alpine pistes, 30 kilometres of lit-up cross-country ski trails, river park, and a well developed walking and biking path network in close proximity to campus.