Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS) was founded in line with Malaysian government's aspiration to further improve the healthcare of Malaysians through state-of-the-art educational technology and training in medical sciences. CUCMS was established officially on 23rd October 2005 under the Private Higher Education Act 1966.
Its core mission is to serve the people of the nation through national distinction in health sciences education, research, public service and clinical care.
The establishment of CUCMS is also to close the gap between ready-supply of qualified high achieving students against limited placements available in higher learning institutions for medical and pharmacy students. As reported in the News Straits Times, 22 February 2005, Malaysia was in need of an additional of 3,300 doctors, 700 specialists, 600 pharmacists, 500 dentists and 130,000 nurses.
The name for the medical college takes advantage of Malaysia’s first truly intelligent city and the international image of the selected township of its location, Cyberjaya.
CUCMS seeks to be a university of international standing and a leading medical institution in the region.
We aspire to be a distinctive medical sciences institution of higher learning of international repute producing competent health care professionals.
* To expand opportunities in training and education in the highly competitive world of health care industry for both national and global demand.
* To train and educate professional who are imbued with the qualities expected of caring professionals.
* To provide training and education in specialized niche areas in the health care profession.
* To generate new knowledge in innovation through research and development activities pertaining to the needs of the health care industry.
* To train students to be compassionate and skilled health care providers.
* To be innovative in the training and teaching of HCP through appropriate technology.
* To promote the healthy lifestyle in the community.
* To advance the professional and personal development of students and facult.