London Metropolitan University is one of the foremost providers of undergraduate, postgraduate, professional and vocational education and training in Britain. Their courses are planned in consultation with employers and examining bodies in commerce, industry, the world of art and design, the financial services industries and other professions. The end result is high quality courses that are of direct relevance to their field.
The University is committed to social justice, equal opportunities and community involvement and has many years' experience of dealing with the needs of mature and overseas students.
London North campus has developed over the past 100 years into a modern, forward-looking centre with a reputation for widening access into education.
Some resons to study at London Metropolitan University are:
* They are the largest single University in London and one of the largest Universities in the UK with about 30,000 students and with buildings spread throughout the centre of London.
* They have many specialist facilities to support their courses, including: the most modern Science Centre in the world.
* Their 485 degree courses are both vocational and intellectually stimulating - many employers and professionals help to design their courses, provide paid placement opportunities and take guest lectures.
* They have eleven internationally acclaimed Research Institutes and twenty research centres including the new Global Policy Institute.
* Their supportive environment includes mentors for freshers, student peer support and personal academic guidance.
* A great range of social and cultural activities on campus include the award-winning Rocket club and bar, club nights, top DJs, cultural events and a wide range of student societies.
* One can study any of nine different languages, whatever course you're on - and on most courses. It's possible to spend a semester or a year abroad in places as diverse as France, Cuba, USA, Cyprus, Spain, Argentina or Sweden.
* More international students than almost any other UK University including over 190 different nationalities study here, making for a truly cosmopolitan environment.
* They are London's number one sporting University and win national and international championships in tennis, hockey and basketball, with many other sports developing at national competitive levels. Facilities include superb gyms and an Olympic standard basketball court.