Manchester Metropolitan University consists of :
* Faculty of Art and Design
* Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care
* Hollings Faculty
* Faculty of Humanities, Law and Social Science
* Institute of Education
* MMU Business School
* MMU Cheshire
* Faculty of Science and Engineering
They are the UK’s 5th most popular University, receiving over 45,000 applications per year.
* Over 1,000 courses and qualifications, many with a strong professional bias.
* The highest concentration of postgraduate taught courses in the North West.
* Links with over 70 professional bodies and associations recognising both the quality and practical focus of our course provision.
* An extensive portfolio of training and professional development courses, including tailored courses to meet specific business needs.
* Based on applications received in 2007 and 2008. Data provided by UCAS.
The University for World-Class Professionals
Facts about MMU:
* The North West fashion design and textiles industry has seen an increase in sales of £5 million over the last four years as a result of partnerships with MMU.
* The University is an international leader in clothing design and technology.
* MMU is the largest public sector provider of accountancy training in the North West.
* They are one of the largest providers of science, engineering and technology education in the UK.
* The region’s schoolchildren are directly benefiting from the 81% of newly qualified teachers who stay on to work and live in the region each year.
* MMU trains 80% of the North West’s health professionals, including nurses and health visitors.
* They educate a tenth of the UK’s food technologists.
* MMU is one of the largest creative communities in the UK, with over 8,000 students and staff involved in cultural production in the region.
* According to the latest UK-wide assessment of university research quality MMU has world-leading research in sciences, arts, education and social sciences.