DAAD offers a wide range of opportunities to students, scholars, and higher education institutions of the United States and Canada, from undergraduate students to faculty, for study and research in Germany...
A young soprano at a language course in Stuttgart, improving her depth of language understanding for singing opera.
Recent college graduates furthering their studies in Berlin during the year after finishing their bachelor degrees.
A professor leading a group of engineering students on a tour of Bavaria's technology parks.
The selection process for awarding DAAD scholarships is based on the principle of academic self-government. Funding decisions for DAAD programmes are generally made by independent academic Selection Committees. These play a central role in the work of the DAAD. The DAAD would like to thank everybody who meets an applicant's request for a report to accompany their DAAD scholarship application. These reports, along with certificates documenting the applicant's academic achievements and the applicant's description of the study or research project, form an important decision-making basis for the Selection Committee's scholarship award recommendation
The funds for these scholarships are provided by the Federal Ministry for Economics Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Due to the limited number of DAAD scholarships for its courses, not all applicants accepted for studies by the German universities can be supported. Therefore, institutions are also encouraged to nominate candidates, whose studies they are willing to finance out of their staff development budget. In this case, an accompanying letter with according statements is necessary for the applicant.
The DAAD supports these selected programmes with a certain quota of scholarships and with financial assistance for a special tutoring system. At the end of the course (programmes run 12 to 36 months, depending on the particular institution) participants can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
Target group: Professionals holding an academic degree and with at least two years of experience in the public or private sector in technical, economical, or agricultural fields, in education or development planning.
Language of instruction : German or English, depending on the degree course.
- Age limit: 36 years of age at the time of application (for some courses 32 years)
- Academic degree (min IPK 2,75 for Master candidates and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates) and at least two years of professional experience after completing S1 degree.
- Confirmation of employment from the candidate‘s employer in the home country and where possible a guarantee of re-employment upon his/her return to the home country
- Two letters of recommendation of recent date
- A statement of motivation for participation in the postgraduate course with emphasis on the relevance to his/her occupation (1-2 pages)
For postgraduate courses held in English: International TOEFL-Language test of a minimum of 550 points (course at FHTW Berlin 580 points) or IELTS-Test Volume 6.0.
Closing date for applications is 4th September 2008 at the DAAD Jakarta Office
Course Commence: September/October of the following year (preceeding German-language course from April or August).
Course Duration: 12 to 36 months, depending on the postgraduate course (see annex).
- Participants in postgraduate courses in which English is the language of instruction receive a scholarship for a two-month intensive German language course.
- Participants in postgraduate courses in which German or German/English is the language of instruction receive a scholarship for a six-month intensive German language course. Please note that the candidates must have certain German language certificate at the time of application.
Form and documents to be submitted
1. DAAD Scholarship Form Application
2. Accompanying documents (PLEASE SET IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER)
a) Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at Europass)
b) A Statement of motivation for participation in the postgraduate courses with emphasis on the relevance to his/her occupation
c) Two letters of recommendation of recent date, each from supervisor at your company/institution, and from your previous academic supervisor
d) Confirmation of employment from the candidate’s employer in the home country and where possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon his/her return to the home country
e) Academic Degree Certificate (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and English/German translation
f) Academic transcript, covering the complete duration of academic studies (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and English/German translation
g) Secondary School Leaving Certificates/ijazah SMA (certified copies of original) in Bahasa Indonesia and English/German translation
h) English language certificate for postgraduate courses held in English request an international TOEFL of a minimum of 550 points (course at FHTW Berlin 580 points) or IELTS-Test Volume 6.0. Please do not submit “prediction TOEFL”. For postgraduate courses held in German: please see the details on the course list. Certain level of German language exam may be required before admission to the course.
Applications must reach DAAD Jakarta Office before the deadline. Any incomplete applications handed in after the deadline can not be taken into consideration.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN TRIPLICATE
DAAD Jakarta Office
Summitmas I Building 19th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 61-62
Contact person: Endah C. Anggoro
Tel.: (021) 520 0870; 525 2807
Fax.: (021) 525 2822