The British Council is delighted to offer young enterprising Goan students the De Souza Trust Goa Scholarship and the Goa Education Trust (GET) Scholarship to study in the UK.
Goa Education Trust (GET) has been conceptualized by the industrious Dempo and Fomento groups from Goa. GET is aimed to provide Goans an efficient medium to pursue the best available opportunities in education, in whatever areas they desire. It will provide scholarships and/or research fellowships etc. to Eligible Students for their post graduate studies in the United Kingdom in all spheres, fields and departments
The De Souza Trust Goa Scholarship funded from the estate of Mr. Diego Frank de Souza aims to provide financial assistance for self-motivated dynamic young people of Goan origin/ those holding Goan domicile to study or train in the UK.
Since the introduction of the scholarship in 1998, several Goan students have successfully completed their studies in subjects as diverse as Media Management, Architecture, Education, Computing & Design, TV documentary, Music Therapy, Fashion Technology, Architectural Conservation and Human Rights, Communication Systems & Signal Processing and Innovation Technology & the law.
What do the scholarships cover?
- Full or part tuition fees
- Student visa for the UK
Note: All other costs are to be borne by the students.
The applicant should:
- be an Indian citizen with a valid Indian passport and residing in India at the time of applying for the scholarship
- be resident in Goa or born of Goan parents
- be not more than 30 years old at the time of applying for the scholarship
- be a graduate and have excellent academic track record and extra curricular achievement
- have confirmed admission for any academic course of study in the UK for up to one year
- Please register using the email Id that you most frequently use, as all correspondence related to the scholarships will be done on the email id you have registered.
- You can edit your application as many times as required before you submit it. However, once you click on ‘Submit’ you will no longer be able to make any further changes to the form.
- On submitting the application form, you will receive an acknowledgement message along with a unique identification number. Please make a note of this for future reference.
- In addition to the online application, you will be required to courier / post:
two hard copy Reference letters* (not more than one A4 size page each) (You should submit one academic and one professional reference letter each. In case you are a recent graduate, you may submit two academic references).
a copy of offer letter/admission letter from the UK institution. Please mention your unique identification number, on the envelope.
- Hard copies of the applications will not be valid.
- Applications not accompanied by the supporting documents will not be considered.
- Please do not send us any other documents other than the reference letters and a copy of your offer/admission letter.
- If short-listed, candidates will be requested to submit further documentation.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interviews in Goa in June 2010 and will be required to carry original copies of relevant documents. All costs related to the interviews such as travel and accommodation will have to be borne by the candidate.
Last date to submit complete applications is 31 May 2010, 6pm IST.