The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) presents young and outstanding Malaysians a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a journey that will allow them to realise their goals.
Maxis is offering undergraduate scholarships to our postpaid customers or children of our customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities.
Maxis seeks well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of this scholarship will be able to pursue courses at either a local or overseas university – a significant step towards pursuing their life’s dreams and ambitions.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA:-
Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis.
Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
Note that applicants can apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from a local or foreign university. Upon being awarded the Scholarship, they must have an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from their university of choice.
Applicants currently in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and be active in extra-curricular activities. Applicants must at least pass their SPM examinations and achieve any of the following results in their foundation course of choice :
- STPM - minimum 3 As or
- Matriculation / Diploma - CGPA 3.5 or above or
- A Levels - minimum 3 As or
- Australian TER - minimum 90.0 or
- Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses – equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above or
- Current 1st or 2nd year university students must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above
- Applicants are also required to:
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Be a team player;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities and sports; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
The local or foreign university must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. For local universities, there is no restriction to field of studies; for foreign universities, preferred field of studies are those related to the telecommunications industry.
FIELDS OF STUDY RELATED TO THE TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY:
- Business Administration/Management/Marketing/Accounting/Finance/Communications/Human Resources Management;
- Engineering – Electronic/Electrical/Power/Computer Communications/Telecommunications/Civil and Mechanical;
- Computer Science/Information Technology/Information System/Science Quantitative;
- Mathematics/Actuarial Science;
- Please note that this application is only available online. We will not accept any hard copies or physical applications.
Read through the instructions below and click on the ‘BEGIN ONLINE APPLICATION’ button to get started.
Before filling in the online application form, please note that MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be attached with the form and sent to the scholarship committee.
- Proof of age (Certified Birth Certificate / Certified I.C.),
- Relevant academic transcripts including your SPM and foundation course results(STPM Results / A-Level Results / Matriculation Results / Diploma Results / Foundation Study Results),
- Letter of admission from the university,
- Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
- Résumé (This MUST be included if the applicant has any prior work experience)
- Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
- All attached documents must be in PDF format. Each document must not exceed the maximum file size of 500 KB.
Upon submission, the Scholarship committee will review the applications and shortlist candidates for interviews. There will be 1 application evaluation and 2 rounds of interviews before the final list of scholars are announced.
The application evaluation period will run for 3 weeks after the closing date. The 1st round of interviews will occur 1 month after the closing date, while the 2nd round of interviews will occur 1 month after the 1st round of interviews. Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Here is an example of the timeline should you submit your application on or after 30 April 2010.