Student Visa Japan, Students Visa Requirements for Study in Japan: Application Form, Process Procedure for Study in Japan Visa-
The following citizens require a visa:-
Nationals of the following countries may not require visas for stays up to 6 months:-
Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Mexico
No visa may be required for stays of 90 days or less in case of citizens of t:-
Singapore, Canada, U.S.A., Argentina, Bahamas, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Suriname, Uruguay, Barbados, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Andorra, Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Monaco, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Turkey, Lesotho, Mauritius, Tunisia
14 days or less: Brunei
Visas are highly reccomended for nationals of Malaysia and Peru
Temporarily suspended: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran
Note: Nationals of countries that have concluded visa exemption arrangements with Japan for stays of up to six months in principle are granted permission to stay in Japan for 90 days at the time of landing. Nationals of these countries who wish to stay in Japan for more than 90 days must apply at their nearest immigration authority in Japan for an extension of their period of stay.
The following documents must be submitted whatever the purpose of the visit:-
- A valid Passport which has a validity beyond the duration of stay.
- Two 45mm x 45mm passport-type photos taken within the previous six months (stateless persons must submit three photos)
- Two official visa application forms, (available at the embassy or consulate or can be downloaded from the embassy webpage)
- Documents certifying the purpose of the visit
- A copy of a certificate of admission from the educational institution where the person concerned intends to study.
- Documents certifying that the person concerned can defray all expenses incurred during the stay in Japan
Upon submitting the application candidates are also required to submit a copy of their passport. Original passports would only be required for authentication. The embassy has the reserve right for asking any other authentication. Incomplete applications would not be accepted. Visa processing depends upon the nationality of the candidate. All regulations consular fees or services are subject to change without any prior notice.